DuPont Industrial Biosciences, Wilmington, Delaware, has launched of Optimash AD-100, a new enzyme designed to help biomethane producers improve biogas yields. Features include:
- can produce up to a 13 percent increase in biogas yields in anaerobic digesters, says the company
- breaks down organic matter—like food, paper, animal and farm wastes—resulting in sugars more suitable for biogas-producing microorganisms
- designed to reduce feedstock requirements and increase biogas production
Visit www.dupont.com for more information.
Doppstadt screw extruder
Doppstadt, with U.S. headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, introduces the BioPress DBP 205 screw extruder. Features of the machine include:
- processes bags, shrink-wrapped items, and a variety of packaging including clear plastic, paper, cardboard and foil
- designed to be resistant to more than 3 inches of foreign bodies such as yard waste mixed with food waste
- runs on antifraction bearings and constantly presses materials through screening mesh that is available in different perforations
- driven by a hydromotor with planetary gear that has load-sensing speed control for hydraulic drive
Visit www.doppstadt.de for more information.
Metso Denmark shredder
Metso Denmark, Horsens, Denmark, introduced its mobile M&J PreShred 4000 at WasteExpo 2016 in Las Vegas. Features include:
- available in crawler and trailer versions.
- hydraulic load sensor for clogging management and the ability to restart instantaneously at full speed
- unshreddable items passing though only impact one rotor, while the other continues to function normally
- the Caterpillar C15 Tier 4F, 535 horsepower engine delivers up to 20 percent reduction in consumption compared with previous generations
Visit www.metso.com for more information.
Clean Energy Fuels compressor
Clean Energy Fuels Corp., Newport Beach, California, has introduced a heavy-duty nonlubricated compressor. The CleanCNG incorporates improvements in compressor design and intelligent engineering. Features include:
- streamlined modular engineering designed to improve initial specification and cost-effectiveness, quicker delivery time and more reliable operation
- low operating noise at 75 decibels at 3 minutes makes it suitable for residential installations
- heated air is not recirculated between compressors, and performance remains consistent regardless of the number of compressors